- Tax Watch - http://taxes.lohudblogs.com -
Westchester asks for infrastructure funding, mandate relief in legislative wish list
Posted By Elizabeth Ganga On February 4, 2013 @ 12:04 pm In Government & Politics,Westchester County | Comments Disabled
Westchester County is preparing its list of legislative priorities for 2013 to send up to Albany. The Board of Legislators approved this list, developed with the input of the administration of County Executive Rob Astorino and containing a sort of greatest hits of costs to the county, unanimously at its Jan. 28 meeting:
1. Budget Action-Increase the level of Consolidated Local Street and Highway Improvement Program (CHIP) funding for reconstruction of local roadways.
2. Budget Action- Increase state funding for maintenance of buildings utilized locally by courts under State Office of Court Administration.
3. State takeover of local share of Medicaid costs over a multi-year period. Reduce the local share annually by a set percentage or formula.
4. Amend public health law and insurance law to reform and appropriately fund early intervention services.
5. Budget Increase-Statewide Mass Transportation Operating Assistance (STOA)
6. Amend law to enable Westchester County (with its Triple A credit rating) to go directly to the bond market to finance any pension payment obligations to the State, rather than using the state’s financing program which charges a higher rate.
7. Amend law to exempt counties from the MTA Payroll Tax.
Article printed from Tax Watch: http://taxes.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://taxes.lohudblogs.com/2013/02/04/westchester-asks-for-infrastructure-funding-mandate-relief-in-legislative-wish-list/
Copyright © 2012 Tax Watch. All rights reserved.